Sunday, June 24, 2012

Mantel Makeover Madness

Now that we're mostly unpacked I have allowed myself to begin the painting process. I decided to tackle the fireplace mantel first, sanding the trim was just too intimidating. Last week after work I sanded, primed, sanded, painted, sanded and painted again. Here was the mantel before:


It wasn't terrible, but I really didn't like that it was painted the exact same color as the walls. I put the second and final coat of paint on it today:


The white is such a big improvement. It will be even better when I get all the trim painted as well. Phil, my mom, and my brother were kind enough to help me get all the trim in the living room sanded this weekend, so we're well on our way. I got it all taped off tonight and will start priming this week after work!


1 comment: