Thursday, March 14, 2013

From Nasty to Nice

The bathroom upgrades continue! We have really ugly hardware throughout the kitchen and both bathrooms. Seriously, gross. Maybe they were cute and shiny in their prime but today...


Pardon the poor iphone quality before pictures. My camera battery was dead. womp womp. 


Aren't they seriously disgusting? I tried to clean them but they still look gunky and gross. I thought about ORBing them but A. I thought it might be too dark with our cabinets. B. We have a nickel towel bar so I was hoping to tie into that. I decided to try out the Rustoleum Satin Nickel Metallic Spray Paint. 

After like 20 thin coats, here is the much cleaner looking finished product:



The overall effect is subtle but I like it. It's definitely an improvement over the grody old ones. Someday I'd like to replace them entirely, but for a 7 dollar can of spray paint this will do for now!


1 comment: