Wednesday, March 6, 2013

ORB TIME!

After painting our hall bathroom I've been itching to ORB our mirror.


The mirror itself doesn't bother me too much, but it's just kind of meh. It was here when we moved in and we aren't particularly attached to it so we figured there wouldn't be any downside to ORBing it. For anyone not familiar with the terminology, ORB= Oil Rubbed Bronze.

I propped the mirror up on some scrap 2x4's that were lying around and spread out some trash bags for overspray. To protect the mirror I just taped down some printer paper. Classy, I know. Gotta work with what ya got!


Here's what it looked like after I impatiently ripped off all the tape and printer paper:


I'll be the first to admit that I didn't do so great at the whole "thin, even coats" thing. It was more like one thick and uneven coat followed by a few thin and even coats. whoops. In real life it looks pretty even.


Here's a solid Before & After so you don't have to scroll up.


I approve. Although I want to shimmy it over a smidge to the left so it's properly centered. That sucker is sorta heavy though. I'll get there. The next step might be to ORB that hardware as well... too matchy-matchy?

No comments:

Post a Comment