Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Christmas Crafts... a few months too late

Every Christmas I say I'm going to make something crafty or Pinterest inspired. This year I finally got my act together and did something!

Here was my Pinspiration. A snow globe made out of a wine glass or goblet. How precious is that??


I know a number of family members that would have enjoyed something like this to display at christmas so I set out to make 3 or 4 of them. However it was surprisingly difficult to find christmas-like miniatures.

I tracked down some fake trees pretty easily but had a hard time finding animals or people that were the right size and whatnot. Phil finally picked up a packet of miniatures from Hobby Lobby that had an eskimo, wolf, dog, elk, igloo, etc. While most of them wouldn't work there was a little elk that I thought would do the trick. Some hot glue and and glitter snow later and I had a wine glass snow globe:



Overall a pretty quick and painless project (once I found the materials). Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment