Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Painting Bug

The first painting project I took on was painting the living room back in July. I still haven't shared pictures but those will have to come later because I don't have any good ones right now. I began painting the trim in the entry and hallway a few months ago and finally finished it up within the last few weeks!

Unfortunately the only real before picture I have is a screen shot from zillow when we were in the process of buying the house. As you can see it has the same wood trim as the rest of the house and a pink-ish paint color. The same paint is used throughout all of the bedrooms and depending on the light sometimes takes on a violet quality. Mostly it looks pink. I don't like it.


I started out with the best of intentions: sanding down the trim, taping everything off, painting. I quickly learned that I hate the prep work. I wasn't getting anything done because I despise sanding trim. I decided to skip that (probably critical) step. I might regret that in a year when the paint starts to chip and peel but, oh well! Yay instant gratification! Once I made that difficult decision the process moved along much quicker. I got all the trim painted and my mom was kind enough to help me knock out the walls (not literally).

Here's a view from the living room. Doesn't the white trim make everything look fresh and crisp? We plan to do something about the dark wood doors at some point. Not sure if we'll end up painting them or just buying new ones... that's still up in the air! Look at those pretty, green living room walls...yum!


Here's the view looking straight up the stairs. The color reads a little pinkish in the foreground but that's just the lighting. The wall at the end of the hall is pretty true to life.



Here's the opposite view looking down to the living room. 


It's definitely a big improvement over the pink walls!

I'll leave you with another living room sneak peak:





No comments:

Post a Comment