Thursday, February 28, 2013

Fabric Photoshop

I recently ordered some fabric swatches from this fantastic website. Carousel Designs is a baby bedding company but they have some really cute graphic fabrics. I want to make some curtains to go in our living room so I ordered a handful of swatches and quickly narrowed those down to 3 favorites. Step one was to use Frog Tape to stick them to the trim around the windows. This allowed me to get a bit of a visual as to how the finished product would work (sorry for the different shades of green on the walls. My white balance wasn't agreeing with me).

Option #1: Gray Ikat pattern with a yellow center.


Option #2: Green Ikat pattern with a blue center.


Option #3: Navy blue graphic pattern.


At this point Phil's favorite was option 2 and I was leaning towards option 1. I decided that I needed some better visual aids. Enter my buddy, Photoshop.

Option #1:


Option #2:


Option #3:


Phil was watching Ip Man 2 while I took pictures.

After these imperfect renderings I'm leaning towards Options #1 and #3. I think Option #2 is just a little too much green for the space. #1 is my current favorite but there's something about that graphic navy pattern in #3 that makes me a little giddy. 

What do you think? What's your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment